Friday, December 06, 2013

The meaning of words

Let me say it again: I never saw the meaning of any word; that's why I sometimes, going against my own rules, experience, beliefs and expectations, ask for an explanation. Forgive me for indulging in vulgarity.

I can see you and I don't need, in order to love or not like you, to have clearly defined the obscure, hidden - apparently visible? why not? - meaning of your being (that your being has a meaning is what will keep me interested in you in the future - my insatiable thirst for meaning). But can I apply this rule to words without incurring in some calamitous mistake and being by myself forever cursed?

P. S. Can this explain why I am feeling right now more comfortable with photography than with words? The "meaning" of a photography is forever open to interpretation and no interpretation will ever disclose it. The same with music.

J. E. Soice

No comments: