Saturday, December 18, 2010

António Damásio na UCSB em Janeiro


The Literature & Mind Initiative at UCSB invites you to…

An Afternoon with

ANTONIO DAMASIO
David Dornsife Professor of Neuroscience
Director, Brain and Creativity Institute, USC
Author of Descartes’ Error, The Feeling of What Happens, Looking for Spinoza, and most recently, Self Comes to Mind

McCune Conference Center, UCSB
Humanities Social Sciences Building, Sixth Floor, Room 6020
Friday, January 14th, 2011

Lecture and Discussion 3:30-5pm
Reception 5-6pm

Co-sponsored by the Center for Portuguese Studies
and the Sage Center for the Mind


2 comments:

Robert said...

I just found out that Damasio will be speaking at UCSB this Friday and I see you are the contact person?

Last year I saw Damasio speak at a major convention and he filled the Tucson Convention Center's main theater. It seems, well, crazy to have him speak in a tiny meeting room at UCSB.

Can you please see about finding a more appropriate place for him to speak?

Campbell Hall would probably be the right size, but I also realize that is hard on such short notice. But I am sure there are bigger rooms than that tiny McCune room on a Friday afternoon. Maybe even the UCen Pavilion.

J. Camilo said...

I understand your concern but I'm sure that my colleagues that brought him here took the decision of having him talk in a smaller room for some reason... Either he wanted it so or there were no other rooms available... Sorry about that...