Thursday, September 23, 2010

The language of love

W. – Do you love me?
M.  – I don’t know.
W. - You don’t know? Gosh!
M. – What does it mean, to love? What does it mean, to know?
W. – Language games. You are an expert in language games.
M . - What is a language and what is a game?
W. – Why are you talking to me? Why are you listening to me? What are you doing right now? What are we doing?
M. – What is talking? What is listening? What is doing? What is now? What is we?
W. – I hate you.
M. – What is hatred? What is me? What is you?
W. – Can we talk?
M. – Aren’t we talking?
W. – What is talking? You said that you don’t know.
M. – It is true. I don’t know.
W.- Will you learn something some day?
M. – What is learning?
W. - Why do you use words if you don't know what they mean?
M. - I know what you mean. I can use words because I know what they mean for other people. I just don't know if what you mean and what words mean for other people makes sense.
W. - Are you suggesting that we don't know what we are talking about?
M. - Could be. I don't know.
W. - You don't know what you are talking about?
M. - Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
W. - Are you leaving me? Are you leaving us? Where are you going? Is there another place where to go?
M. - What does it mean, another place? What does it mean, to go? We cannot escape from what we are. We cannot escape from what we feel.
W. - Talk to me, please. Please. I am imploring you.
M. - I am doing my best, aint I? My best, believe me.
W. - Your best leaves me alone. I need you.
M. - We are all alone. If that means something, I am not sure.
W. - Kiss me.
M. - Is that what you want? To be kissed? I can do that.
W.- Thank you. You are very generous. You may not know what you are doing but you still do it because I did ask you. Fuck.
M. - Maybe I love you. Is that so important? Maybe I don't know it but I love you. Who knows?
W. - I love you. I know it. And it means something. I do love you
M. - Please. Don't.
W. - What do you mean? Don't?
M. - Don't say it. It hurts.
W. - Stop. Please. Come back. Talk to me.
M. - You think that love matters. But does it?  

No comments: